Dealing with a Divorce Equipment Appraisal when a Business is involved has unique and stressful challenges. Here are a few key things you must keep in mind no matter if you are the Business Owner or the (Soon to be "Ex") Spouse.
For Both Parties
- Arbitration will save both of you lots of money - the only people who make money on extra divorce equipment appraisals are the appraisers and the attorneys who fight over them.
- Questions and answers your Attorney NEEDS to ask to verify the validity of the other side's Appraiser.
For Business Owners:
- Use the Proper Value Level - You want low values and your spouse will want High Values
- Only Certified Equipment Appraisers have the court compliance YOU need
- Do an Onsite Appraisal ONLY - Desktop Appraisals are suspect in court.
For the (Soon to be "Ex") Spouse
- Verify Your Spouses Appraisers Certification - If they are local - expect a good buddy system, Auctioneers and Dealers should be instantly suspected of Bias.
- Don't forget the small tools, furniture, electronics, etc. - This is often overlooked.
- Expect Dirty Equipment and Superficial Breakdowns during the Appraisal.
Note: We have written an eBook that is specifically appropriate for Divorce Equipment Appraisals.
Call us to request your free eBook copy of Divorce Equipment Appraisals - Combat Tactics (Business owner and Spouse Edition)